Community Education and Outreach are provided by peer educators, college students, and other health professionals to:
In order to:
- Raise awareness.
- Increase knowledge.
- Refute myths and misconceptions.
- Influence attitudes and social norms.
- Reinforce positive knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Suggest and enable action.
- Show the benefits of a behavior.
- Identify resources and services to help.
Outreach seeks to decrease the barriers to services, supports, and risk-reduction supplies, and enhance health communication opportunities by going directly to the community.
To request Community Education or Outreach please complete the
Request for a Presentation
. Your request will be replied to within 2 weeks.